Our virtual exchange programs connect high school students around the world using dynamic digital platforms. Students gain new thematic knowledge and interact with their peers through videos, chats, dynamic webinars, interactive lessons, and games. Students will come away from their virtual exchange with:
- Leadership skills and practice
- Increased involvement in civic engagement and volunteerism
- Mutual understanding between youth from different countries
- Increased awareness of specific program themes such as STEAM, social justice, or climate change
- Upon successful completion of the Youth Leadership & Community Service and STEAM Discovery Lab, students receive a Certificate of Completion, access to the U.S. Department of State’s International Alumni Network and unique project funding opportunities from the U.S. Department of State
- Upon successful completion of any Experiment Digital program, students receive a $400 scholarship to study abroad in summer 2022 with The Experiment in International Living.
SUMMER 2021 PROGRAM
Connect virtually with high school students across the U.S., Middle East, and North Africa next summer! Develop your civic engagement, leadership, and intercultural communications skills through this fully funded program, while learning how to implement a service project in your local community.
SPRING 2021 PROGRAM
Explore topics in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math with high school students from across the U.S. and Egypt this winter. Gain hands-on experience in STEAM projects and develop your leadership skills through this fully funded interactive virtual program.
SPRING 2021 PROGRAM
Designed to connect hundreds of young people across the globe, this fully funded program provides high school students with a comprehensive understanding of climate change and sustainability. Participants will also gain essential leadership and project planning skills that will enable them to become trailblazers in the fight for climate justice.
WORLD LANGUAGES CENTER
Quickly develop skills in languages from French to Quechua to Swahili and more with SIT’s intensive online language courses! Learn from experienced teachers based around the globe and gain a deep understanding of the language and new culture of your host country.
2021 Virtual Information Sessions
Please join us for a virtual information session with our admissions team. Join by video (or audio only) to learn more about The Experiment’s 2021 virtual programs and the enrollment process. There will be time for questions at the end. Register below ahead of time and let us know if you have any specific questions you’d like covered.
Previous Information Sessions
- The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service information Session recording: Password: Leadership2021
- The Experiment Digital Alumni Q&A event from October 27, 2020, including Digital Experimenters from summer 2020.
- The Experiment Digital Climate Change & the Environment information Session recording: Password: Climate2021
Questions? Contact us!
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our goal has been to ensure that The Experiment emerges from the crisis intact and positioned to restart activities as soon as possible, all while continuing to deliver programs through innovative and adaptive new models such as virtual exchanges.
The Experiment community is defined by our resilience, adaptability, and commitment to bringing young people together to build lasting intercultural ties. This year, for the first time in our history, Experimenters were unable to travel due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. Instead, our 2020 cohort of Experimenters were invited to join The Experiment Digital—our interactive virtual exchange program launched in 2016.
The Experiment Digital brought more than 1,100 participants together in summer 2020 to connect authentically with peers from across the country and around the world. They learned about each other’s communities, cultures, and daily lives through discussions, individual explorations, group activities, and virtual homestays.