Our virtual exchange programs connect high school students around the world using dynamic digital platforms. Students gain new thematic knowledge and interact with their peers through videos, chats, webinars, interactive lessons, and games. Students will come away from their virtual exchange with:
- Leadership skills and practice
- Increased involvement in civic engagement and volunteerism
- Mutual understanding between youth from different countries
- Increased awareness of specific program themes such as STEAM, social justice, or climate change
- Upon successful completion of The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service, students receive a Certificate of Completion, access to the U.S. Department of State’s International Alumni Network, and unique project funding opportunities from the U.S. Department of State
- Upon successful completion of any virtual exchange, students receive a $400 scholarship to study abroad in summer 2023 with The Experiment in International Living.
SUMMER 2023 PROGRAM
Connect virtually with high school students across the U.S., Middle East, and North Africa! Develop your civic engagement, leadership, and intercultural communications skills, and learn how to implement a service project in your local community.
VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSIONS
Virtual information sessions for Summer 2023 will be coming soon! Join by video (or audio only) to learn more about The Experiment’s 2022 virtual programs and the enrollment process. There will be time for questions at the end.
Previous Information Sessions
- The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service Information Session | Password: Leadership2021
- The Experiment Digital Alumni Q&A event from October 2020, featuring Digital Experimenters from summer 2020
- The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service – Algeria, March 2021
- The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service – Iraq, March 2021
- The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service – Yemen, March 2021
Questions? Contact us!