Below you will find links to specific pre-departure materials for each Experiment program. These materials detail the following: domestic travel arrangements, health and safety guidelines, visa applications (if necessary), packing guidelines, accident and sickness insurance information, guidance on personal funds abroad, and the Experimenter and Family Handbooks.
Many questions can be answered by reviewing these materials, but please do not hesitate to contact us if further information is required. Note: If a document is listed on the following pages, but not linked, please check back again at a later time, as these pages will be updated. If you have difficulty downloading these files, email us at [email protected] or call 1 (800) 345-2929.
2023 General Pre-Departure Orientation Recording
You will find a recording of our general online pre-departure orientation here. Go to your program name below to find the date and time (and recording) of your program-specific pre-departure orientation tailored to your program country.
Important Passport and Medical Information
If you do not yet have a passport valid through the end of February 2024, apply for one now, especially if your program requires a visa. (Many countries require your passport to be valid for at least six months or longer beyond the dates of your program.) We encourage you to visit the U.S. State Department’s passport website for more information. Due to delays in processing passports, the U.S. State Department warns that passport applications may take up to 18 weeks to process, so please apply for or renew your passport as soon as possible.
If you have not had a medical physical since May 2022, make an appointment as quickly as possible.
If you have not already, please login to the Application Portal to submit your confirmation materials, including the following documents.
Conditions of Participation
This form needs to be printed, completed, and signed by the participant and parent. The Experiment cannot confirm your space on a program until we receive your completed and signed Conditions of Participation.
- Download and complete the Conditions of Participation form
Acknowledgment of Risk
- Download and complete the Acknowledgement of Risk form
Please review the sections below. Part I must be completed and uploaded to confirm an offer of admission. Part II should be downloaded and delivered to the participant’s health care provider to complete and return. Part IIIA & IIIB should only completed if, after review of Part I and/or Part II, additional follow-up is requested.
Part I Instructions, Health Authorization, Personal Health History, & Wellness Acknowledgement
- Download and complete Part I Instructions, Health Authorization, Personal Health History, & Wellness Acknowledgement
Part II: Health Report & Exam
- Download Part II: Health Report & Exam form and deliver to the participant’s health care provider to complete. You must submit a copy of a physical completed since May 2022.
Part IIIA: Further Health Information: Medical
- Download Part IIIA: Further Health Information: Medical form. This form should be completed and returned ONLY if requested by The Experiment’s Manager of Participant Health Administration. Completed forms should be emailed to [email protected]
Part IIIB: Further Health Information: Counseling and Mental Health
- Download Part IIIB: Further Health Information: Counseling and Mental Health form. This form should be completed and returned ONLY if requested by The Experiment’s Manager of Participant Health Administration. Completed forms should be emailed to [email protected]
Accessing Self-Service, our Billing Portal
If you have a balance and would like to pay your bill online, please login to Self-Service, our Billing Portal. Self-Service gives students online access to pay their bill, update their contact, emergency contact, and proxy information, check their grades (for credit-bearing programs), and more.
If you would like to pay your bill by sending a personal check (payable to “World Learning”) or money order, log in to Self-Service and print your bill. Mail your printed bill with your payment to:
Attn: Experiment Billing/Accounts Receivable
1 Kipling Road
Brattleboro, VT 05302
For questions related to your bill, please call the Billing office at 1 (802) 258-3530.