“Every day was an adventure, whether we were exploring the city, hiking, snorkeling or swimming on the beach, or doing some form of community service.” – Sara
What Experimenters Are Saying:
“The most exciting thing was that I got to see animals in their natural habitat. This experience really opened my mind to think about how much we are affecting the environment.” – Halla
“This trip showed me what really matters to me and what I truly value. It changed how I see myself. I now see myself as a leader. I know that I can push through any challenge in my way. I know that with people at by your side, no challenge is too big. Whether the challenge is trying a new meal to make your homestay mother happy or solving the world’s climate issues, I am confident in our ability to do it as long as we do it together.” – Aidan
“The trip does a fantastic job of making you feel like you’re actually living in the country and not just visiting. It’s focus on ecology and conservation fits perfectly with the area and the different excursions that we went on during the trip.” – Jeff
“I would say that this experience in Vietnam has changed the way I think about life. I learned that you should take care of your environment and also take care of yourself. As a Vietnamese-American I am proud that I have a culture to be a part of.” – Hillary
- Visit Can Gio to explore a mangrove forest, crocodile Lake, and a bird sanctuary.
- Become immersed in the daily lives of a Vietnamese family and explore the surrounding areas of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Attend basic Vietnamese language classes.
- Take an agriculture tour in Dalat where you will visit a flower farm, coffee farm, cricket farm, an elephant sanctuary and Pongour water fall.
- Hike to the Lang Bian Mountain and reflect on the ecosystem and conservation of pine tree forests surrounding the area.
- Visit a gibbon primate center, the Monkey World or the Endangered Primate Species Center at Dao Tien Island to learn about the conservation efforts at the center.
- Learn about conservation efforts and challenges at Cat Tien National Park
- After a day in Ho Chi Min city, travel to Can Dao Island. Attend seminars on the environment and climate change and on culture and folk music in the area.
- Visit the floating markets on the Mekong River, the museum of Vo Thi Sau and have free time to enjoy the Bo Dap beach at the Con Dao camping site, including snorkeling and exploring coral reefs.
Visit our Vietnam: Ecology from Coast to Jungle program page to learn more.