“I went to Thailand expecting to be happy with my summer, but came out with so much more than happiness. I experienced a new way of thinking about life, and overall a new world. This trip was definitely an eye opening experience. I learned a lot about how I deal with new situations and new environments and I think that is going to follow me around when I visit new places.” – Alexandra
What Experimenters Are Saying:
“The Experiment allowed me to experience a culture that I would not have gotten to experience otherwise. One of the most special aspects of the Experiment experience was the homestay. I got to be fully immersed in Thai culture, and I became very close to the Prao District community” – Grace
“My leaders were also amazing and did everything they could to have the best time possible. From visiting the grand Palace to going to the meditation retreat to zip lining and visiting an elephant reserve I gained so much knowledge about Thailand and everything it has to offer.” – Torie
“Once I return to my home, I am going to be more socially aware of my surroundings and just think before speaking which is a very powerful act to be able to do. Thailand has opened my perspective and has really inspired me to travel and explore the world.” – Willa
“With scavenger hunts, community service projects, and lots of exploring cities, villages and breathtaking temples, we were kept busy, but we still had plenty of free time to bond over bowl of questions and throw our own spontaneous dance parties in our hostel. In addition to the incredible friends I made over the summer, I will never forget the kids I taught and played soccer and frisbee with in the villages and the generosity and welcoming, embracing hearts of my host family. It’s beautiful how relationships can be built despite culture differences and a language barrier.” – Emily
- Take a cooking class and learn how to cook various Thai dishes, such as pad thai.
- Attend a meditation workshop at a retreat centre, to learn about mindfulness and stay overnight at a temple.
- Participate in a community service project such as building a house and planting trees at a temple and teach English and a local school.
- Become fully immersed in the daily life of a Thai family and community. Explore your host community and the surrounding area with your group, including visiting the local market, enjoying an exquisite waterfall in the Prao district, and exploring and helping farmers on a rice plantation.
- Zip-line through the jungle of Chiang Mai
- Visit the Chiang Mai Zoo and take part in an elephant program at the Baan Elephant Park, a park that rescues elephants from inhuman conditions, to learn about the importance of elephant conservation and ethical tourism.
- Teach children english at a local school and practice your Thai language skills.
- Go hiking along the mountains and surrounding villages and enjoy the rich landscape.
- Travel to Bangkok to enjoy the vibrant sites of the city. Visit the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun and explore the bustling markets, while sampling Thai food.
- Stay at the seaside town of Hua Hin, where you will spend time on the beach.