“This program’s main goal was to teach about the French culture and to teach about the regional differences. This program accomplished that and then some. Within the first day I learned about all 14 of my now great friends and I learned so much about the daily Parisian life.” – Hannah
What Experimenters Are Saying:
“We Paris and headed to the city of Nancy, where I jumped straight into French life, living with strangers who easily became my second family. I fell in love with my homestay parents and siblings as soon as they approached me, flipping through French to English dictionaries. They led me around their hometown, bringing me to the square, explaining the history and buying me treats I hadn’t known existed such as bubble gum ice cream.” – Wildine
“Where do I even begin? I loved every single second of those three weeks. I reminisce about it. I wish I can go through everything again. I remember when my group and I first met, we were all so quiet and nervous. Who knew how much amazing things were going to come our way? From seeing masterpieces at the Louvre to climbing up steps of the Notre Dame to seeing the Eiffel Tower in front of our very eyes to canoeing at Le Gard to celebrating France’s victory on the World Cup of 2018. Every moment was captivating and mesmerizing.” – Giselle
“One can definitely see Frances exquisite culture while roaming through the city of Paris. The city is made up of beautiful monuments, street art, cafes, and most importantly welcoming people. Seeing the Eiffel Tower at night felt like something out of a movie, I was star struck by a monument.” – Eva
- Visit famous sites and museums throughout the city such as the Eiffel tower, Louvre Museum, Notre Dame, and the Arc de Triomphe.
- Sample French cuisine in street-side cafés and shop for ingredients at open air markets and boulangeries for a picnic at the Luxemburg Gardens or along the Seine. Practice your French language skills as a group and by interacting with locals.
- Become fully immersed in the daily life of a French family and community as you share meals and family activities with your hosts.
- Explore your host communities and the surrounding area through nearby excursions with your group. These will vary by area but may include, canoeing, swimming, biking, and visiting nearby castles and towns.
- Visit the European Parliament Strasbourg and spend a day admiring the gothic architecture in Metz.
- Visit a nearby town in Germany, Italy, or Spain to learn more about the communities near the French border.
Visit our France: Cultural Discovery program page to learn more.