Intensive four-day Leadership Seminar in Washington, D.C. Based on a powerful experiential leadership curriculum, the Leadership Seminar includes training, workshops, field trips, group exercises, and discussions with political and NGO leaders to lay the foundation for working toward social change.
Three-week immersive program in India. See The Experiment Leadership Institute’s individual program page for details about the program.
Three days of project planning sessions at the School for International Training (SIT) in Brattleboro, Vermont. You’ll have workshops and brainstorming sessions on designing a post-program project.
Work with Leadership Institute mentors throughout your senior year to complete a project in your own community.
A Full Scholarship Program
Fifteen competitive, fully funded scholarships for students accepted to The Experiment Leadership Institute are available through the generous support of individual donors.
International Applicants: The Experiment Leadership Institute welcomes and encourages international students to apply. International applicants should note that due to the high variability of international airfare, the flight from your home country to Washington, D.C., at the beginning of the program and from Vermont back to your home country at the program’s conclusion will not be covered by The Experiment. Please contact The Experiment admissions office for more information.
- Be rising seniors who are 16 to 18 years old at the time
of the program
- Have a high school graduation year of 2021
- Demonstrate community leadership or commitment to academic pursuits
- Obtain a passport that is valid through at least February 2021
How to Apply
- Go to experiment.org.
- On the Program Selection page, choose India (Leadership Institute): Community Development & Public Health
- Select a program that is not part of The Experiment Leadership Institute for your second choice. We will consider your application for this third program if you are not accepted to The Experiment Leadership Institute.
Application Deadline & Details
The deadline to apply for The Experiment Leadership Institute is January 15, 2020. Applicants will be required to submit references from two adult teachers, mentors, or coaches as well as essays and other relevant materials. Applicants will be asked to describe previous leadership roles, what they learned from those roles, and what they hope to gain through participation in The Experiment Leadership Institute.
The Experiment Leadership Institute seeks applicants who can take initiative through the application process. We discourage parental involvement. If you have questions, please contact us at 800.345.2929 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.