- Intensive four-day Leadership Seminar in Washington, D.C. Based on a powerful experiential leadership curriculum, the Leadership Seminar includes training, workshops, field trips, group exercises, and discussions with political and NGO leaders.
- Four-week immersive program in India & Nepal or South Africa & Mozambique.
- Four days of project planning sessions at the School for International Training in Brattleboro, Vermont. Participants have workshops and brainstorming sessions on designing a post-program project.
- Post-program project to be implemented in participants’ home communities.
A Full Scholarship Program
Thirty competitive, fully funded scholarships for students accepted to The Experiment Leadership Institute have been made available through the generous support of individual donors.*
* International Applicants: The Experiment Leadership Institute welcomes and encourages international students to apply. International applicants should note that due to the high variability of international airfare, the flight from your home country to Washington, D.C., at the beginning of the program and from Vermont back to your home country at the program’s conclusion will not be covered by The Experiment. Please contact The Experiment admissions office for more information.
- Be rising seniors who are 16 to 18 years old at the time
of the program
- Have a high school graduation year of 2020
- Demonstrate community leadership or commitment to academic pursuits
- Obtain a passport that is valid through at least February 2020
How to Apply
- Go to experiment.org.
- On the Program Selection page, choose either India & Nepal (Leadership Institute): Community Development & Public Health or South Africa & Mozambique (Leadership Institute): Peace, Politics, & Human Rights for your first-or second-choice program.
- Select a program that is not part of The Experiment Leadership Institute for your third choice. We will consider your application for this third program if you are not accepted to The Experiment Leadership Institute.
Application Deadline & Details
The deadline to apply for The Experiment Leadership Institute program is January 16, 2019. Applicants will be required to submit references from two adult teachers, mentors, or coaches, as well as essays and other relevant materials. Applicants will be asked to describe previous leadership roles, what they learned from those roles, and what they hope to gain through participation in The Experiment Leadership Institute.
The Experiment Leadership Institute seeks applicants who can take initiative through the application process. We discourage parental involvement. If you have questions, please contact us at 800-345-2929 or at email@example.com.