“I met the very best people, improved my Spanish and had THE most amazing time. I only wish I could do it over again. I learned so much about myself and about Argentinian culture. I made friends with people who didn’t even speak my language. I still speak to them all and saying goodbye to them all was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.” – Arden
What Experimenters Are Saying:
“My group was very supportive when it came to one of us being homesick, having our first horse ride, and going water rafting. We all stuck together as a family and got to know each other pretty well within the time we were together. I enjoyed this program so much not only for the adventures held, but also for the community service we did in Argentina. From remodeling a school to helping out in an orphanage, we all spent an amazing time among ourselves and the people in the community.” – Guetzemany
“We were able to be part of the culture, especially during the 10 day home-stay. The group went horseback riding, white water rafting, hiking, and biking. Not only did the students learn about a new culture, but we learned about independence and responsibility.” – Beverly
“It was a perfect blend of rewarding community service, experiencing the beauty and value of nature, overcoming challenges, cultural emersion, and cultivating life-long friendships. I formed meaningful connections and inspired me to push towards my personal and academic goals.” – Ava
“In the beginning, the introduction of the Spanish language was eased into our daily duties, such as ordering food or buying things. Then, during the homestay is where I learned the most since my host family solely spoke Spanish. Towards the end of the trip, I was able to have full conversations. After returning home, I was surprised when I realized how much more Spanish I came back with compared to when I left.” – Kearra
“I significantly improved my Spanish skills and had the opportunity to do many unique outdoor activities, including biking, hiking, camping, horseback riding, and white-water rafting. I would definitely recommend this program for anyone with a passion for outdoor fun. The community service portion of the trip was also very fun and a great bonding experience for the group!” – Olivia
- Explore the Buenos Aires, its wide boulevards, and its diverse neighborhoods, meandering along the colonial streets of San Telmo and seeing the street performers and tango dancers in La Boca.
- Become fully immersed in the daily life of an Argentinian family and community as you share meals and join in activities with your hosts, including celebrating Argentinian Independence day on July 9.
- Complete multiple community service projects. Projects vary but may include volunteering at schools, community organizations, parks, churches, or with local government.
- Visit a working ranch and go trekking on horseback over mountains and valleys to enjoy the flora, fauna, and amazing views of the region
- Enjoy traditional meals around a campfire with your Gaucho guides and camp in tents.
- Get your adrenaline pumping while whitewater rafting in the Juramento River canyon.
Visit our Argentina: Community Service & the Great Outdoors program page to learn more.