“Going to Spain with The Experiment was the best decision of my life. Not only was I able to understand the culture, but I was also immersed in courses where I learned Spanish, ceramics, and flamenco dancing. I was able to do tours of authentic places in Spain where the tourist population is minimal to none. I was able to have a better understanding of the Spanish culture and improved my Spanish because I communicated by speaking only Spanish.” – Tiffany
What Experimenters Are Saying:
“This program was so much more than a simple trip abroad. From living with a wonderful, caring, and supportive host family to making countless connections with locals and fellow Experimenters alike, this experience was truly one that I will never forget.” – Nathan
“From exploring the streets of Madrid and Toledo, to meeting our homestay families in Guadix, to taking language and history classes in Granada, my time in Spain succeeded all my expectations. While I was the most anxious about the homestay portion of the trip, I ended up absolutely loving it. My family was beyond welcoming, and even though the language barrier was difficult to take in at first, I grew more comfortable communicating as time went by. I have so many great memories with my family from Guadix and they were, without a doubt, one the hardest goodbyes.” – Janet
“I must say that my trip to Spain was all that I expected and more. Throughout the trip, I was taught the Spanish language through complete immersion, and I learned more than I thought possible. I think it’s important that future participants realize that this trip is a learning experience designed so that any Spanish language background is fine. This was most emphasized by my lack of in-depth knowledge because of the few language classes I had taken prior.” – Jake
- Learn about the history and culture of Spain through visits to famous sites and museums throughout the city, such as the Palacio Real, Prado Museum, Reina Sofía Museum, Plaza de la Encarnación, and the historic Hapsburgs District.
- Go on a daylong excursion to the “Imperial City” Toledo, a UNESCO world heritage site, and marvel at its diverse architecture and historic sites and learn about its expansive cultural heritage.
- Become fully immersed in the daily life of a Spanish family and community as you share meals and do activities with you hosts.
- Explore your host community and the surrounding area with your group, such as hiking nature trails, visiting the seaside and nearby beaches, or kayaking at a reservoir.
- Participate in flamenco classes and ceramics workshops taught in Spanish from local teachers.
Visit our Spain: Spanish Language & Culture program page to learn more.