Need-based Financial Aid
In 2018, The Experiment and its partner organizations awarded nearly $2 million in scholarships. Financial aid comes from The Experiment’s generous network of alumni, individual donors, foundations, and corporations.
The Experiment is committed to providing participants from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds with access to our immersive international programs. Most of The Experiment’s scholarships are need-based, and range from $250 to $3,000. Please contact our admissions office for more information.
- 1. Complete your online application for admission
- 2. When submitting your online application, be sure to indicate that you are interested in financial aid.
- 3. Ask a parent or guardian to complete the financial aid application before February 13, 2019.* Please note: Although our financial aid deadline is on February 13, admissions and financial aid applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Programs fill quickly, and there is more funding earlier in the process. We encourage you to apply early.
- 4. Financial aid decisions are made on a rolling basis and the Experiment office will notify you about your application for financial aid; the sooner you apply for admission and need-based financial aid, the better your chances of obtaining a financial aid award (if you qualify).
* Please be aware that if you are working with a partner school or organization, the admissions and financial aid deadlines might be as early as February 1. The Leadership Institute admissions deadline is January 16, 2019.
The Experiment offers an early application discount of $400 for participants who have an immediate family member who is an alumnus/alumna of The Experiment and/or for participants who are applying for a second program of The Experiment and who submit their application for admission before February 13, 2019.
Educators are eligible to receive $400 off an immediate family member’s program fee. Educators include teachers, school administrators, guidance counselors, and education staff at nonprofit organizations. This discount cannot be combined with others, but financial aid and scholarships are still available to recipients of this discount. To be eligible, the applicant, or the applicant’s parent, must inform The Experiment in writing (email@example.com) that an immediate family member is an educator.