The Experiment is committed to providing participants from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds with access to our immersive international programs. Most of The Experiment’s scholarships are need-based, but in some geographic areas, merit-based scholarships are available. Please contact our admissions office for more information.
In 2017, The Experiment and its partner organizations awarded nearly $2 million in scholarships. Financial aid comes from The Experiment’s generous network of alumni, individual donors, foundations, and corporations.
Need-based scholarships range from $250 to $3,000 and include, but are not limited to:
- Geographic Diversity Scholarships for participants from underrepresented states or regions and/or participants who will be the first Experimenter from their high school
- Thematic Focus Scholarships for participants who demonstrate a clear interest in the thematic focus area of their program
- Home School Student Scholarship for participants who are currently homeschooled
Early Application Discount
Apply online to summer 2018 programs before Friday, September 8, 2017, and automatically receive $750 OFF the program fee! To be eligible for the early discount, you must complete the online portion of the admissions application and pay both the $50 application fee and $400 enrollment deposit by September 8 at 5 PM EST. (This discount cannot be combined with others, but need-based financial aid and scholarships are still available to recipients of this discount.)
The Experiment offers an early application discount of $400 for participants who have an immediate family member who is an alumnus/alumna of The Experiment and/or for participants who are applying for a second program of The Experiment and who submit their application for admission before February 14, 2018.
Educators are eligible to receive $400 off an immediate family member’s program fee. Educators include teachers, school administrators, guidance counselors, and education staff at nonprofit organizations. This discount cannot be combined with others, but financial aid and scholarships are still available to recipients of this discount. To be eligible, the applicant, or the applicant’s parent, must inform The Experiment in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) before April 16 that an immediate family member is an educator.
Applying for scholarships and financial aid is easy!
- Complete your online application for admission at experiment.org.
- When submitting your online application, be sure to indicate that you are interested in financial aid.
- Ask a parent or guardian to complete the financial aid application before February 14.* Please note: Although our financial aid deadline is February 14, admissions and financial aid applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Programs fill quickly, and there is more funding earlier in the process. We encourage you to apply early.
- Financial aid decisions are made on a rolling basis until February 14 and the Experiment office will notify you about your application for financial aid; the sooner you apply for admission and need-based financial aid, the better your chances of obtaining a financial aid award (if you qualify).
* Please be aware that if you are working with a partner school or organization, the admissions and financial aid deadlines might be as early as February 1. The Leadership Institute admissions deadline is January 17.